Search Alabama Death Records
- Alabama Newspapers, Full Search (1813-2018), 150 titles
- Alabama Obituary Search, (1824-current)
- Alabama Birth Records Database, (1813-1999)
Harkins Family Graveyard
Dargan, Shelby County, Alabama
Exact location unknown
Published: May 26, 2023
Total records: 5
Harkins Family Graveyard was documented in the July 1967 edition of Alabama Genealogical Society Magazine (Volume 1, Number 3). In that edition, Mrs. James C. Bonner had described the graveyard as follows...
"About four miles north of Calera, Alabama, on Highway 31 is a little community called Dargan. West of this place about one mile, on the right of the road is an old graveyard. The following notations were copied from stones in this cemetery. This land was owned first by Harkins and second by Wilsons. It is now owned by the family of Mr. Pierce Youngblood, who bought it in 1901.""
- Harkins Family Graveyard, (455 KB), Alabama Genealogical Society, July 1967 - Description of cemetery and transcription of tombstones
Harkins Family Graveyard cemetery records listed below were transcribed from July 1967 edition of Alabama Genealogical Society Magazine (Volume 1, Number 3).
HARKINS, Andrew - born May 22, 1780 - died Jan. 16, 1851.
HARKINS, Elizabeth - born Dec. 25, 1782 - died Feb. 5, 1836.
HARKINS, Hugh - born July 26, 1804 - died Sept. 27, 1835.
HARKINS, William - born May 19, 1807 - died July I, 1870.
WILSON, Sarah - born March 9, 1812 - died Oct. 9, 1852. (Wife of Thomas F. Wilson)
Search Alabama Cemeteries
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work