Search Connecticut Death Records
- Connecticut Newspapers, Full Search (1755-2002), 214 titles
- Connecticut Obituary Search, (1988-current)
- Connecticut Funeral Notices
Collinsville, Hartford County, Connecticut
GPS: 41.809525, -72.918641
18 Cemetery Rd
Canton CT 06019
Published: October 21, 2019
Total records: 2,718
Village Cemetery is owned by Collinsville Cemetery Association.
Village Cemetery, also known as, "Collinsville Cemetery", "Huckleberry Hill Cemetery", and "Hillside Cemetery", is located at 18 Cemetery Road, on the east side of Huckleberry Hill Road, in Collinsville. In 1832, land for this cemetery was donated by Samuel W. Collins for the first burial of Franklin Gordon, a Collins Company employee. Samuel W. Collins and Hon. William Edgar Simonds are buried in this cemetery.
Village Cemetery and Saint Patrick’s Cemeteries are adjacent to each other. They were once separated by stone walls and logs. Today, there is no longer a clear delineation between these two cemeteries. In general, there is a long row of tall pine trees between these cemeteries. The northern section is Village Cemetery (Protestant) and the southern section is Saint Patrick’s Cemetery (Catholic).
Records published below were originally presented on a spreadsheet published online by the Collinsville Merchants Association. We converted the spreadsheet to HTML format for easier reference. The information in that spreadsheet was compiled from a long list of sources, including previous cemetery transcriptions, death records, and obituaries. For a full detail of these sources, refer to the Downloadable Files section on this page for "Canton, Connecticut Cemeteries June 15, 2017".
- Canton, Connecticut Cemeteries, June 15, 2017, Tom Ayres, docent at the Canton Historical Museum, Collinsville, CT, (1.2 MB)