Search Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50-State Full Search (1690-current)
- U.S. Obituaries, (1976-current)
- Newspaper Funeral Notices
The Name of a Cemetery [November 14, 2001, Steve Paul Johnson] - What happens if you don't have the correct name of a cemetery?
Location, Location, Location! [June 24, 2001, Steve Paul Johnson] - When compiling a cemetery transcription, it is necessary to identify the precise geographic location of the cemetery.
Using a GPS Device [January 8, 2001, Steve Paul Johnson] - A GPS Device is useful for accurately identifying the location of a cemetery.
How to Record a Cemetery [July 10, 2000, Steve Paul Johnson] - Learn some tips on how to produce a cemetery recording.
Recording Cemeteries with Digital Photography [December 21, 1999, Steve Paul Johnson] - Using a digital camera can speed up the process of recording a cemetery. Learn how it can help you.
A Tombstone in Your Palm [August 7, 1999, Steve Paul Johnson] - Handheld computers are all the rage these days. Learn how it to turn one into a cemetery recording tool.
The WPA Historical Records Survey [July 28, 1999, Steve Paul Johnson] - Throughout the 1930's and 40's the WPA recorded several cemeteries. Learn about this organization and what they did.
The History of History [April 2, 2004 - Henry Robert Burke] - As Man developed skills in communication, so did the practice of recording history. Now, scientists are studying DNA to learn about our history.
The National Cemetery Administration Records Verification Project [August 1, 2000, Steve Paul Johnson] - The NCA is migrating their microfilmed records to a new computer system. Learn about how they are undertaking this bold project.
- Coming to our Census: Is this the end of Microfilm? [December 19, 1999, Steve Paul Johnson] - Now that you can buy digital images of full census pages, how will this new technology transform our research?
- The Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad [November 14, 2000, Steve Paul Johnson] - The Commission is a federal agency devoted to preserving documents and cemeteries overseas important to America's heritage.
- Pre-Need Cemetery Trusts [September 23, 2000, Richard A. Neuman, CPA] - Find out how the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 effects taxation of interest earned from cemetery trusts.
The History of Memorial Day [May 11, 2004, Steve Paul Johnson] - Learn about the origins of Memorial Day
Holocaust Remembrance Day : April 18 [April 16, 2004, Robin Nobles] - April 18 is Holocaust Remembrance Day
The History of Veterans Day [November 9, 2000, Steve Paul Johnson] - Trace the origins of this American holiday.