Search New York Death Records
- New York Newspapers, Full Search (1730-2018), 1,027 titles
- New York Obituary Search - (1870-current)
- New York Birth Records Database, (1767-1999)
Youngstown, Niagara County, New York
Lat: 43° 14' 34"N, Lon: 79° 02' 56"W
Contributed by Karen Dau, Sep 11, 2007, last edited Sep 15, 2007 [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Total records = 7.
The Skinner Cemetery is located in the village of Youngstown, Niagara Count, New York, on the north side of Swain Street, a one-block, dead-end roadway off Lower River Road (Rt. 18F).
There is only one monument with inscriptions and there are six gravestones around it. The small plot was originally on the family farm, but is now owned by the village of Youngstown.
This is a complete transcription, which I compiled on Sep 11, 2007 after visiting the cemetery. I have photos of the headstones.- Karen Dau
??, Little Mattie, b. 21 Sep 1865, d. 7 Feb 1875, might be Belmont *
Skinner, Albert G(alatin), M.D., b. 28 Jun 1807, d. 17 Jul 1891 (youngest of nine children of Timothy and Ruth (Warner) Skinner of New Hampshire)
Skinner, Alphonzo, b. 20 Jan 1843, d. 8 Jul 1852
Skinner, Caroline E. (Rowell), b. 21 Nov 1823, d. 22 Aug 1919, (2nd w/o Albert G Skinner) (d/o Joseph Rowell and Hannah Chase)
Skinner, Ellen Ruth, b. 17 Aug 1837, d. 11 Nov 1867
Skinner, Joseph Rowell, b. 14 Oct 1853, d. 3 Sep 1854
Skinner, Winslow W., M.D., b. 10 Jul 1856, d. 7 Mar 1900 in Italy
* No surname given. In the census of Skinner family on 11 Jul 1870 at Youngstown, there is a M. A. Belmont, age 4, born in Wisconsin, who may have been this granddaughter, not sure of parents.
Search New York Cemeteries
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work