Search New York Death Records
- New York Newspapers, Full Search (1730-2018), 1,027 titles
- New York Obituary Search - (1870-current)
- New York Birth Records Database, (1767-1999)
Mount Hope Cemetery
Rochester, Monroe County, New York
|Mount Hope Cemetery|
GPS: 43.134228, -77.613816
1133 Mount Hope Ave
Rochester, NY 14620
Published: August 25, 2016
Mount Hope Cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Rochester.
Mount Hope Cemetery was dedicated on October 3, 1838, three months after its first interment. It was originally built on 53.86 acres of land purchased from Silas Andrus on January 2, 1837. Purchases of additional land have been made subsequently bringing the total size up to 196 acres.
- Guide for Mount Hope Cemetery (81 pages, 3.63 MB), Angevine, Edward, published 1885, includes history of cemetery and selected names of interred.
Search New York Cemeteries
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work