Search Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50 State Full Search (1690-present)
- U.S. Obituary Database Search, (1696-present)
- U.S. Birth Announcements Database, (1700s-present)
Mar's Wark Cemetery
Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Mar's Wark Cemetery, Stirling, Scotland
GPS: 56.121435, -3.944925
Published: May 6, 2020
Total records: 5,280
Burials in Mar's Wark Cemetery are administered by Stirling Council, Scotland..
Mar's Wark Cemetery (officially named Mars Place Cemetery), is located between the old Mar's Wark townhouse and Valley Cemetery. The cemetery is named after the famous "Mar's Wark" a townhouse that dates back to 1570, built by John Earl of Mar, the then Governor of Stirling Castle.
It is one of the five adjoining cemeteries that make up the greater "Old Town Cemetery". The other four cemeteries are Valley Cemetery, Holy Rude Churchyard, Drummond Pleasure Ground, and Ladies' Rock. Snowdon Cemetery, which is also adjacent to these five cemeteries, is generally not considered to be part of the Old Town Cemeteries.
Mar's Wark Cemetery was created as a result of Valley Cemetery. Valley Cemetery (located adjacent, west side of Mar's Wark) was opened in 1857, and burials there grew rapidly. Eventually they spread into the Mar's Wark Garden (the present-day location of the cemetery). Over time, the Mar's Wark Garden area became known as "Mar's Wark Cemetery", and today officially named, "Mars Place Cemetery".
Stirling Council Records
Records below were acquired from Stirling Council on April 29, 2020. These records were compiled by the Council on April 8, 2020. They include dates of burial from 1866 to 2018.
Dates below are presented in (dd/mm/yyyy) format.