Saint John Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
Rock Springs, Sauk County, Wisconsin
Lat: 43° 29' 47"N, Lon: 89° 54' 38"W
Contributed by Kathy Waddell, Jun 19, 2002, last updated Aug 09, 2002 [email@example.com]. Total records = 881.
Location: 1.25 miles north of Rock Springs on Hwy 136, right on Ableman Road, .5 to Haven Road. Road dead ends at the cemetery. Or, 3.8 miles south of Hwy 33 on Hwy 136, left on Ableman Road. Ableman Road also comes out on Hwy 33 but it is a long curvy road.
The name of the village was originally Ableman but was changed briefly to Rock Springs in 1875. In 1875 it was changed back to Ableman and stayed that way until July 1, 1947 when the name was changed permanently to Rock Springs.
There are several other names this cemetery has been know as. They were Rock Springs Village Cemetery and Ableman Village Cemetery.
Copied on Jun 02, 2002 by Kathy Waddell. Thank you to members of the Wisconsin State Old Cemetery Society for information provided from copying the cemetery in the early 1980's.
b. = born
c/o = child of
d. = died
d/o = daughter of
f/o = father of
gc/o = grandchild of
ggc/o = great grandchild of
h/o = husband of
m. = married
m/o = mother of
n/t = next to
s/o = son of
s/w = shares with (the plot or the stone)
w/o = wife of
- Kathy Waddell
Wisconsin Obituaries and Death Notices