City of Lubbock Cemetery
Lubbock , Lubbock County, Texas
2011 E. 31st Street, Lubbock, TX
(806) 767-2270, Fax (806) 762-2867
Lat: 33° 33' 54'N, Lon: 101° 48' 32'W
This cemetery was established in 1892, on five acres of land purchased from H. M. Bandy for use as a cemetery. With several groups maintaining it through the years, it is now owned and very well maintained by the city of Lubbock.
The cemetery has held as many as four separate burial grounds, segregated by race, faith, and economic level, One such group, Los Socios Del Sementerio, or associates of the cemetery, provided for the burial of area migrant workers. It was integrated in the late 1960s and by now it has become the third largest cemetery in Texas having over 60,000 burials and has been designated as a Texas Historic Cemetery.
This is not a complete listing of burials! The records below were provided by contributors to Cemetery Records Online. Total records = 5.
- [GW] Glenda Ward [email@example.com]
Franklin, Ben, b. 7 Jun 1878, d. 3 Feb 1955, s/w Ellen Franklin, [GW]
Franklin, Ellen, b. 20 Jun 1882, d. 12 Jul 1954, s/w Ben Franklin, [GW]
Hennington, Glenn, b. 21 Mar 1917, d. 31 Jan 2002, s/w & h/o Violet, m. 31 May 1941, [GW]
Hennington, Violet, b. 8 Nov 1912, d. 23 Jul 2002, s/w & w/o Glenn m. 31 May 1941, [GW]
Hennington, William Glenn, b. 21 Mar 21, 1917, d. Jan 31, 2002, PFC US Army Air Forces WWII, [GW]
Texas Death Records
- Texas Newspapers, Full Search (1813-1993), 408 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Texas Obituary Search - (1984-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Texas Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com