Crowell, Foard County, Texas
Lat: 34° 03' 20"N, Lon: 99° 46' 03"W
Contributed by Jim Rich, Jan 07, 2012, last edited Jun 12, 2012 [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Total records = 4,009.
To reach the Crowell Cemetery, from stop light go south 1.5 miles on highway 6, then turn left or east for .5 mile on FM 98. Cemetery is on the left or north side of the road.
As long as Foard County was a county and Crowell a County seat, a location was made for a cemetery. There were already a few burial places scattered with the settlements, even an occasional grave whose identity was lost.
The Crowell Townsite Company selected and deeded the city to be, what they chose as a suitable location; and soon five or six more acres were acquired from J. F. Witherspoon. In 1905, Judge Robert Cole drew up a petition for a charter which was sent to the Secretary of State, signed by G. T. Crowell, James F. Witherspoon, and Clarence Thompson, as the first trustees. Witnessed by J. W. Beverly, notary public. This was issued for twenty years and later renewed.
The Crowell Cemetery records were compiled by Faye Statser, researched by Ruth Goodwin, Roxie Hough, Leta Jo Haynie, and Faye Statser. Technical Adviser Jim Rich, Jan 2012.
- Jim Rich
Texas Death Records
- Texas Newspapers, Full Search (1813-1993), 408 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Texas Obituary Search - (1984-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Texas Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com