Royal Oak Cemetery
Royal Oak, Oakland County, Michigan
|Royal Oak Cemetery|
GPS: 42.503227, -83.144169
1600 Rochester Road
Royal Oak MI 48067
Published: October 12, 2016
Total records: 4,267
Royal Oak Cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Royal Oak.
At the intersection of Crooks Road, North Main Street and Rochester Road, is the bottom tip of a triangular piece of cemetery land which extends north to 12 Mile Road and makes up two cemeteries, Royal Oak Cemetery and St. Mary's Cemetery.
This triangular piece of land has had many growth changes since the first 6 acres was donated by Daniel Burrows in 1826. In 1857 this burial ground was officially taken over by the Royal Oak Township. Two acres at the southerly tip were sold in 1874 to the Catholic Society of Saint Mary's Parish. Royal Oak is a perpetual care cemetery, and is in excellent condition and now maintained by the town of Royal Oak.
Records published here were acquired from the Royal Oak Public Library. These records were transcribed from volunteers from handwritten books and cards, as well as information obtained from the local genealogical society. Note: these records include only Royal Oak Cemetery. For St. Mary's Cemetery, click here.
Michigan Obituaries and Death Notices
Post a Comment
Post a comment below...