Old Conrad Cemetery
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana
GPS: 38.207372, -86.096487
435 Dillman Spring Way NE
Corydon, IN 47112
Published: August 25, 2016
Total records: 70
Old Conrad Cemetery is located behind private property at 435 Dillman Spring Way NE.
It's often known as "Shuck Cemetery".
Jacob Conrad, who immigrated to Corydon from Pennsylvania, built a hotel in 1807 about a mile and a half east of Corydon on the Corydon-New Albany Pike. During the time that Corydon was the capital of Indiana (1813-1825), Jacob Conrad's hotel was the principal one and also the most popular. The Conrad Cemetery is located a short distance east of the spot where the Old Capital Hotel once stood.
The document linked below is a transcription of tombstones taken in October 29, 1939. This is considered to be the most complete transcription of Old Conrad Cemetery, since many of the stones today have withered away, and/or have been removed.
- The Old Conrad Cemetery Records (3 pages, 142 KB) by Maurice Griffin and Frederick P. Griffin, October 29, 1939.
Indiana Death Records
- Indiana Newspapers, Full Search (1804-1992), 150 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Indiana Obituary Search, (1988-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Indiana Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com