Drytown Cemetery - Burial Records
Drytown, Amador County, California
|No photograph available|
GPS: 38.440895, -120.857559
Drytown, CA 95669
Date published: December 9, 2017
Total records: 146
A sign erected by the Amador County Cemeteries Board indicates that Drytown Cemetery was established in 1850. It's also known as Drytown Public Cemetery and Drytown Protestant Cemetery (to differentiate it from Drytown Catholic Cemetery nearby).
The cemetery is now completely surrounded by private property even though the 1.54 acre cemetery is owned by the County. An 1871 Drytown Township Map showed there was a public right of way named Cemetery Street that allowed access. Over the years, a gate was added to Cemetery Street. In the 1990s, the surrounding property owner started locking the gate. The County sued the property owner, however the County lost the case.
Today, permission must be sought from the property owner to access the cemetery.
Documents below are available for downloading...
- Drytown Cemetery, 146 records, USGenWeb Archives
- Drytown Cemetery Grand Jury Investigation, 1999-2000, Interment.net
California Death Records
- California Newspapers, Full Search (1846-2007), 459 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- California Obituary Search, (1983-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- California Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com