Search Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50 State Full Search (1690-present)
- U.S. Obituary Database Search, (1696-present)
- U.S. Birth Announcements Database, (1700s-present)
Interment.net Mobile Edition
What is the Mobile Edition?
The Mobile Edition is a mini-version of Interment.net designed to be used on mobile computing devices (handheld computers), such as those that operate the Palm OS or Windows CE operating systems.
You download the Mobile Edition to your handheld device, each time you synchronize to it. Then you can take it with you whereever you go. You don't need Internet access to use it.
The Mobile Edition is viewed using the AvantGo client application. AvantGo works like an offline web browser. You tell it which sites you want to download into your handheld device, and it grabs them all, and stores them so that you can browse them whereever you go.
AvantGo is a free service.
|The main page.|
|Newest cemetery transcriptions|
What's available on the Mobile Edition?
The Mobile Edition is designed to provide updates of what's new on Cemetery Records Online, and provide the latest articles and news on The Cemetery Column.
- A list of the latest cemetery transcriptions on Cemetery Records Online
- The latest news of what's happening at Cemetery Records Online
- The latest articles on The Cemetery Column
- Visitor submitted tips pertaining to cemeteries.
Why would I want to use the Mobile Edition?
If you have a handheld computer such as a Palm, Visor, Clie, or any of the many Windows CE devices, you can take the Mobile Edition with you anywhere.
Imagine being at a restaurant, waiting for your meal. You pull out your handheld, open up the Mobile Edition, and find out which cemeteries now have transcriptions on Cemetery Records Online! Or imagine taking a break at the library, and reading the latest articles published on The Cemetery Column.
With a handheld computer, you can download the Mobile Edition, and take it anywhere you go. And you don't need Internet access to use it!
Are there any costs to access the Mobile Edition?
How do I access the Mobile Edition?
You need to have two things:
- a handheld computer, either running the Palm OS or Windows CE operating system
- the AvantGo client application
If you have the handheld computer, you can get the AvantGo client application for free.
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work