Search Florida Death Records
- Florida Newspapers, Full Search (1783-2018), 286 titles
- Florida Obituary Search, (1895-current)
- Florida Birth Records Database, (1783-1999)
Monticello, Jefferson County, Florida
GPS: 30.549018, -83.867744
E Madison St
Monticello, FL 32344
Published: October 14 ,2019
Total records: 2,400 (approx)
Roseland Cemetery is owned by the City of Monticello.
Roseland Cemetery was established in 1845. It's no longer active for new burials.
Noted Burial: Ernest Ivy “Boots” Thomas, Jr. lived in Monticello and is buried in Roseland Cemetery. He was a United States Marine Corps platoon sergeant who was killed inaction on March 3, 1945 during the Battle of Iwo Jima in World War II. Thomas is best known for being one of the Marines who helped raise the first American flag atop Mount Suribachi on February 23, 1945.
- Roseland Cemetery, Burial Roster, March 2017, City of Monticello, (507 KB)
Search Florida Cemeteries
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work