Search Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50 State Full Search (1690-present)
- U.S. Obituary Database Search, (1696-present)
- U.S. Birth Announcements Database, (1700s-present)
Nikolai Hanson Grave
Adare Peninsula, Antarctica
Source: United States Geologic Survey, Geographic Names
Total records = 1.
Location: Near Hanson Peak (Lat: 71.21S, Lon: 170.18E) A small peak (1,255 m) 4 mi S of Cape Adare in the N part of Adare Peninsula.
Named by the NZ-APC after Nikolai Hanson, member of the BrAE, 1898-1900, under C.E. Borchgrevink, who was the first man known to have died on the Antarctic mainland (at Cape Adare, Oct. 14, 1899). Hanson's grave surmounts nearby Cape Adare.
Submit a Transcription
Help genealogists worldwide research their family history!- No cost to publish your transcription
- You retain all rights to your work
- No one can edit, change, or delete your work