Stanley Family Cemetery
Tad, Kanawha County, West Virginia
Lat: 38° 19' 46"N, Lon: 81° 30' 13"W
Contributed by John M Gwin, Jun 22, 2005 [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Total records = 7.
From Charleston, WV, take I-64 east, at the city limit, be in the right lane and take the Midland Trail exit toward Belle, move into the left lane after exiting, turning left at the light onto Campbells Creek Drive, 785 is located on the left side of the road about 3.5-4.0 miles from the light. There are two ways to access the cemetery elevation:
(1) For hill folks in good climbing shoes: Ask the residents at 785 Campbells Creek Drive for permission to cross the right end of their property and carefully climb the fairly steep hillside to the cemetery (about 150-200 feet from the road, much of which is at nearly 45 degrees with few handholds).
(2) For city slickers in sandals: Backtrack down Campbells Creek Drive about a block to Tower Drive which makes an acute angle to Campbells Creek Drive. Angle up Tower about half a block and follow it as it turns sharply to the left, parking at the first available place. Walk up the first driveway that angles back up the hill to your right and ask permission from this family to go through their yard and the two rear gates.
I do not know the current ownership of the cemetery which is located on property which once belonged to the family of George Washington Stanley, whose home was located on the lots now known as 783 and 785 Campbells Creek Drive.
A person unknown to me is keeping this little cemetery in very clean and neat order, it was easily accessed.
I compiled this transcription in June of 2005 from tombstone inscriptions. This file contains all the known or visible burials.
- John M Gwin
??, ??, b. ??, d. ??, this large rock stuck vertically into the ground may or may not mark a grave
Grafton, Marguerite, b. 27 Jan 1907, d. 14 Oct 1908, granddaughter of G.W. and Fanny Young Stanley and daughter of Mabel Stanley and Tom Grafton
Stanley, Earl Wm., b. 15 Apr 1906, d. 28 Oct 1926, "age 20", relationship unknown
Stanley, Fanny Young, b. 1843, d. 1934, s/w George W. Stanley, daughter of Charles Conrad Young and Margaret James Young
Stanley, George W., b. 1844, d. 1927, s/w Fanny Young Stanley, son of Isaac Stanley
Stanley, Harry, b. 1873, d. 23 Jun 1923, "age 50", son of G.W. and Fanny Young Stanley
Stanley, Maude Ella, b. 7 Apr 1870, d. 2 Sep 1965, daughter of G.W. and Fanny Young Stanley, never married
West Virginia Death Records
- West Virginia Newspapers, Full Search (1791-1904), 35 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- West Virginia Obituary Search - (1999-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- West Virginia Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com