Columbus, Columbia County, Wisconsin
GPS: 43.347591, -89.013554
N. Lewis St.
Columbus, WI 53925
Published: September 14, 2016
Total records: 7,460
Hillside Cemetery is owned by the City of Columbus, and managed through the Hillside Cemetery Association.
Columbus Democrat, May 24, 1872: The upper portion of the present cemetery was laid out in 1846. The land was given to the township by Mrs. Lewis Ludington and was surveyed by Mr.James T. Lewis (later governor of Wisconsin) and Squire Topplif. Many additions followed over the years. Squire Allen was the first burial in 1845. Many of the early burials are unmarked.
Copied from the cemetery records furnished by Gloria Moldscheck. Veterans information by Char Sauer, Nancy Wehlage & Anna Mae Axness. Edited and typed by Anna Mae Axness 2005. Some Veteran information from Betty Cook's files.
Wisconsin Death Records
- Wisconsin Newspapers, Full Search (1833-1992), 150 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Wisconsin Obituary Search - (1989-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Wisconsin Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com