Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington
GPS: 48.748542, -122.441473
1420 Woburn Street
Bellingham, WA 98229
Date published: July 7, 2017
Total records: 25,017
Bayview Cemetery is owned and managed by the City of Bellingham.
Bayview Cemetery was founded in 1887 when the town of Whatcom purchased a 10 acre plot along the road to Lake Whatcom, and named it, "Whatcom City Cemetery". The first burials took place in 1888. In 1889, an additional 12 acres were added. The remainder was purchased in 1924, giving Bayview a total of 234 acres (only 50 acres are currently being used).
In 1889, shortly after the cemetery was opened, bodies from the older cemetery in the Fairhaven community were moved to here. Bodies from other smaller cemeteries in the outlying areas were also moved here.
In 1902, the cemetery was renamed "Bay View Cemetery". Sometime after that, the two words were merged to "Bayview".
Records below were acquired from the City of Bellingham, Housing and Human Services Department, on July 6, 2017. These records were transcribed by city staff from typewritten documents and entered into a computer database. The records published here were downloaded from the database.
Washington Death Records
- Washington Newspapers, Full Search (1854-1984), 109 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Washington Obituary Search - (1985-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Washington Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com