Search Washington Death Records
- Washington Newspapers, Full Search (1854-1984), 109 titles
- Washington Obituary Search - (1985-current)
- Washington Funeral Notices
Saar Pioneer Cemetery - Burial Records
Kent, King County, Washington
GPS: 47.412585, -122.219366
91st & S. 212 Way
Kent, WA 98031
Date published: September 1, 2017
Total records: 218
Saar Pioneer Cemetery is named after Peter Saar, a Seattle councilman, and was established in 1873 with the burial of Peter's wife Margaret. At the time of her death, there was no suitable burial location so she was buried on their property. As the years passed, other friends, family, and local persons were buried there too. The last known burial occured in 1949.
In 2007, a major cleanup project began to remove overgrown weeds and debris. The project was done by the South King County Genealogical Society with permission from Kent United Methodist Church. The Church had no funds or staff to maintain it themselves.
Saar Pioneer Cemetery is just off Highway 167 at the South 212th exit. If heading north on Highway 167 take the South 212th exit. The exit ramp takes you to a light. If you go straight you'll be at WinCo Foods. To reach the cemetery take a left onto South 212th. The cemetery is on your immediate right hand side before you go over the overpass for Highway 167. If heading south on Highway 167, take the South 212th exit ramp and turn left onto South 212th. Go over the overpass. At the end of the overpass before you reach the light on your left hand side is the cemetery.
There are two transcriptions available...
1. South King County Genealogical Society, Ray Owens and Karen Bouton, originally compiled Sep 04, 2007, further updated on May 7, 2008, 136 records.
2. Suzanne Livingstone, compiled May 5, 2007, further updated on Sep 15, 2008, 82 records.