Camas, Clark County, Washington
GPS: 45.594796, -122.395870
630 NE Oak St.
Camas, WA 98607
Published: Jun 19, 2016
Total records: 5,814
Camas Cemetery is owned and maintained by City of Camas, WA.
Camas Cemetery was established in 1885 by group of investors who called themselves, "Camas Colony Company". The investors had in 1883 established a paper mill on Lacamas Lake, and then the cemetery two years after. From 1910 to 1914, the Women's Civic Club maintained the affairs of the cemetery. In 1914, the cemetery's land was deeded to the City of Camas. In 1920, the Camas Cemetery Association was formed, and ownership remained that way until 2007, when the land was once again deeded back to the City of Camas.
Throughout history, several local cemeteries incorporated their graves into Camas Cemetery. In 1984, the Camas Catholic Cemetery relocated a number of its graves and erected a memorial listing the names of all those moved. Previously known unofficially as The Dead Lake and Fallen Leaf Cemetery, many others were also relocated from this cemetery over the years.
Records published here were acquired from the City of Camas on Jun 19, 2016. It covers dates of death from 1846 to May 2016.
Washington Death Records
- Washington Newspapers, Full Search (1854-1984), 109 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Washington Obituary Search - (1985-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Washington Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com