Search Texas Death Records
- Texas Newspapers, Full Search (1813-1993), 408 titles
- Texas Obituary Search - (1984-current)
- Texas Funeral Notices
Wilbarger Memorial Park
Vernon, Wilbarger County, Texas
Wilbarger Memorial Park, Vernon, TX
GPS: 34.10927, -99.35179
11856 County Rd 128 W
Vernon, TX 76384
Wilbarger Memorial Park is owned by Sullivan Funeral Home of Vernon, TX.
Wilbarger Memorial Park is located along US-70 about 2 miles southwest of Vernon, between County Rd 128 and St. James Rd.
Wilbarger Memorial Park was developed in 1953 as the only perpetual care cemetery in the region and was acquired by brothers, James Sullivan and Charles Sullivan in the 1960's. When first established, there were five original gardens: Babyland, Garden of Devotion, Good Shepherd, The Last Supper, Mausoleum Garden and the Mausoleum. Otis Smith bought the funeral home from the Sullivan brothers in 1984 along with Wilbarger Memorial Park. Additional gardens were added later: Bell Garden, Garden of the Cross, Garden of Grace (named after longtime funeral home secretary Grace Russell), and Angel Land. Holy Family Catholic Garden was added in 2017.
Records linked below were acquired by Charles Anderson in July 2012 from Sullivan Funeral Home.