Zion Shaffer Union Cemetery
Codorus Township, York County, Pennsylvania
Shaffer & Strickhouser Roads Neiman, PA
Lat: 39° 49' 29" N, Lon: 76° 47' 53"W
Contributed by Tom Shelley, May 15, 2008, last edited Jun 04, 2008 [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Total records = 945.
To reach this cemetery from PA 616 at Hanover Junction, drive west on Shaffer Church Road for 1.7 miles, turn right onto Shaffer Road for 0.2 miles to Strickhouser Road. It is across the road from the Zion Shaffer Union Church.
This cemetery was originally a cemetery for the Zion Lutheran Church, later to become Zion Shaffer Church, with the oldest burial dating back to 1847 for August Kliendist, which was a burial before the church was organized. It is now owned and maintained by the Shaffer Union Cemetery Association. Contact: Donald Glatfelter, Association Trustee President email@example.com
The cemetery is composed of two sections separated by the northwest-southeast roadway known as Strickhouser Road. The old section lies to the east of Strickhouser Road, while the new section lies to the west of the road.
This was complied by Robert E. Miller and Floe A. Fuhrman from a combination of tombstone transcriptions completed in 2002 and these compared and/or combined with another reading done in 1932 by A.E. Starner and A. Lee Anderson.
- Tom Shelley
Deaths & Obituaries: Newspapers 1690-Present