Lone Pine Cemetery
McKean County, Pennsylvania
Lat: 41° 46' 46"N, Lon: 78° 53' 12"W
Contributed by Liane Freedman, Jan 09, 2005, last edited Jan 16, 2012 [email@example.com]. Total records = 3.
It is located near Red Bridge on the Kinzua River off of Route 68 on Longhouse Scenic Drive, on the east side of Hwy, which is in the Allegheny National Forest across from the Red Bridge Campground.
Earliest know burial was 1849 and the latest burial was around 1867. There are many unidentified burial sites. The three graves are located above elevation 1371, which was above the reservoir level, so it was not one of the cemeteries moved when the dam was built, but it was still part of the Kinzua Dam and Allegheny Reservoir project.
The area of Lone Pine encompasses 40 square feet. At one time the little cemetery was in danger from a large, rotting, 130 yr old White Pine. Thanks to the efforts of the prison crew from the Federal Corrections Institution in McKean County, the King David Post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Kane, and many Forest Service employees, this historic site is now a serene resting place for the occupants below.
For more information on Lone Pine Cemetery, contact Allegheny National Forest PO Box 847 Warren, PA 16365 Phone: (814) 723-5150.
Names provided by the US Corps of Engineers and National Forest Service.
- Liane Freedman
Morrison, ??, no dates
Morrison, Samuel DeWain , b. Nov 29, 1844, d. Oct 16, 1867, h/o Sarah Chilson, 12th Pennsylvania Cav, Civil War
Stanton, Samuel B., b. Sep 04, 1839, d. 16 Oct 1849, age: 9yr 1mo 12da, s/o O.L. and Betty
Pennsylvania Obituaries and Death Notices