Wilkes-Barre City Cemetery
Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
Lat: 41° 15' 32"N, Lon: 75° 52' 13"W
This is located directly north, next to Hollenback Cemetery. Both are located on North River Street, along the banks of the Susquehanna River.
The original City Cemetery was first located at the corner of East Market and North Washington Streets, the present site of City Hall. It was later moved to the present site. Cemetery was damaged by the flood of 1972. Most of the stones are destroyed, damaged, or illegible. Records may be obtained at the City Hall.
This is not a complete listing of burials! The records below were provided by contributors to Cemetery Records Online. Total records = 8.
Mack, Joseph, b. 12 Jun 1863, d. 26 Feb 1922, [MV]
- [ES] Eugene J. Shiber [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- [MV] Mavreen K. Veihmeyer [email@example.com]
- [PY] Peggy Yale [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Mack, Mary Ellen Haydn, b. 1865, d. 09 May 1905, w/o Joseph Mack, [MV]
Shiber, Harriette May, b. 10-18-1882, d. 02-18-1888, Lot 170 #7280, [ES]
Shiber, James Richard, b. 09-15-1885, d. 02-17-1886, Lot 68, [ES]
Yale, Eleanor, b. 1807, d. bet.1860-1870, [PY]
Yale, George, b. Apr 10, 1800, d. Dec 17,1884, m. Eleanor, [PY]
Yale, Hiram, b. Dec 6, 1826, d. Aug 23, 1884, [PY]
Yale, Sarah, b. May 1833, d. Aug 4,1908, wife of Hiram, [PY]
Pennsylvania Obituaries and Death Notices
- Pennsylvania Obituary Records, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Find Pennsylvania Death Records in Newspapers, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Funeral Notices, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com