Home > United States > Pennsylvania > Chester County > St. David's Episcopal Church Cemetery

St. David's Episcopal Church Cemetery
Wayne, Chester County, Pennsylvania

St. David's Episcopal Church Cemetery

GPS: 40.027517, -75.405312

763 South Valley Forge Rd.
Wayne, PA 19087

Published: January 22, 2017
Total records: 4,381

St. David's Episcopal Church Cemetery is owned and maintained by St. David's Episcopal Church. Note that St. David's Episcopal Church historically has been identified as being located in Radnor, though technically its street address is Wayne. The church has also been referred to as, "Radnor Church".

Also note, the border between Chester County and Delaware County runs between the church and its cemetery. The cemetery lies on the Chester side, while the church is on the Delaware side.

History

The cemetery dates as far back as the church itself to 1715.

Originally, burials took place underneath the floor of the church building (the original church building). That practice was discontinued in 1720. Of all the persons buried under the floor, Judge William Moore was the only one that had been identified. In 1893, when the church added heating, all remains were excavated and moved to the church cemetery.

The "Ancient Yard", the oldest section of the cemetery, lies closes to the church building. It is part of the original five acres given by a farmer to build the church and bury the dead.

Today, the cemetery is available only to members of St. David's Episcopal Church.

Cemetery Records

Records published here were acquired from St. David's Episcopal Church on January 21, 2017. Dates of burial range from 1716 to 2016.


Surname Index:

Pennsylvania Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites