Smithfield East End Cemetery
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
|Smithfield East End Cemetery|
GPS: 40.439765, -79.914148
1599 S Dallas Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Published: December 22, 2016
Total records: 10,460
Smithfield East End Cemetery is owned and operated by The Homewood Cemetery.
Smithfield East End Cemetery traces its origins back to 1792, as part of the Evangelical Protestant Church, when the congregation built its first church building on land granted to them from the William Penn family. The original cemetery was located in Smithfield Street in downtown Pittsburgh.
In 1860, rising real estate values and cemetery overcrowding forced the cemetery to move to the Troy Hill area. In 1886, the same problem arose, and by 1888, graves were removed to its present location in Squirrel Hill. In 2002, the owner of the cemetery, Smithfield United Church of Christ, sold it to The Homewood Cemetery, its neighbor across the street.
Records published here were acquired from Smithfield East End Cemetery on December 22, 2016. Dates of death range from 1837 to 2016.
Pennsylvania Death Records
- Pennsylvania Newspapers, Full Search (1719-1996), 557 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Pennsylvania Obituary Search - (1981-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Pennsylvania Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com