Home > United States > Pennsylvania > Allegheny County > Calvary Catholic Cemetery

Calvary Catholic Cemetery
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania

calvary catholic cemetery
Calvary Catholic Cemetery

GPS: 40.418522, -79.928969

1560 Brinton Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15221-4899

Published: December 13, 2016
Total records: 125,012

Calvary Catholic Cemetery is owned and operated by The Catholic Cemeteries Association of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.

History

Calvary Cemetery Association and Calvary Cemetery were established in 1886 by the diocese across a 200 acre tract of land Hazelwood area of Pittsburgh. The first burial took place in June 1888. Calvary Cemetery remains the largest of the diocesan cemeteries. Today it includes two chapel mausoleums, a large garden crypt development, the exclusive Cardinal Wright Oratory crypts, a large priests' plot, and Shepherd's Rest, a mausoleum set aside for the entombment of bishops of the Diocese of Pittsburgh. The central office of The Catholic Cemeteries Association is located here.

Cemetery Records

Records published here were acquired from The Catholic Cemeteries Association of the Diocese of Pittsburgh on December 11, 2016. Dates of death range from 1825 to 2016.


Surname Index

Pennsylvania Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites