Mt. View Cemetery - Burial Records
Oregon City, Clackamas County, Oregon
GPS: 45.342045, -122.589876
500 Hilda St.
Oregon City, OR 97045
Date published: November 11, 2017
Total records: 19,908
Mountain View Cemetery, established in 1854, is one of the oldest cemeteries in the West. The first known burial occurred in December 1847 for infant John Barclay, son of Dr. and Mrs. Forbes Barclay. The second oldest headstone belongs to the former Dr. William Allen who died June 9, 1851.
On April 29, 1863 William Livingston and Mary Holmes deeded five acres of land for $5.00 to the city council of Oregon City for the use as a public cemetery. They also deeded one acre of adjacent land to the Masonic Lodge, also for a cemetery. These two cemeteries are the two oldest sections of Mountain View Cemetery, which now include fifty-four acres of property for ground and above ground burials.
Records published here were acquired from the City of Oregon City on November 10, 2017. They are current for burials up through May 2016.
Oregon Death Records
- Oregon Newspapers, Full Search (1848-1987), 74 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Oregon Obituary Search - (1988-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Oregon Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com