Search Ohio Death Records
- Ohio Newspapers, Full Search (1795-1991), 416 titles
- Ohio Obituary Search - (1985-current)
- Ohio Funeral Notices
Fletcher, Miami County, Ohio
Fletcher Cemetery, Fletcher, OH
GPS: 40.147257, -84.111197
8245 Casstown-Fletcher Rd.
Fletcher, OH 45326
Published: January 29, 2020
Total records: 5,708
Fletcher Cemetery is owned by the Fletcher Cemetery District.
Fletcher Cemetery was established in 1861 when townsfolks met in the Presbyterian Church and voted to appoint a committee to locate land for a new public cemetery. Up until then, burials were performed at the old Methodist Church (on Church & Main St), and at the Presbyterian Church.
The committee purchased 5 acres in the southwest corner of the James Sims farm and adjoining Fletcher, at one hundred dollars an acre. The 5 acres were enclosed with a board fence and stiles built near the gates for visitors to enter the grounds. The first sexton was Henry A. Kephart, appointed in 1862.
In 1866 an addition of five acres was purchased from James Sims and in 1900, another addition was made. A "Potters Field" located in the south of the cemetery was moved to the northeast part in 1898.
Charles Emerick served for thirty years as superintendent. By 1950 the cemetery had grown to 18 acres. By 1998 the third and fourth additons were developed and add another 20 acres to the memorial park.
Records linked below were acquired from Fletcher Cemetery District on January 29, 2020. Dates of death range from 1823 to 2020.