Search Ohio Death Records
- Ohio Newspapers, Full Search (1795-1991), 416 titles
- Ohio Obituary Search - (1985-current)
- Ohio Funeral Notices
Blendon Central Cemetery
Westerville, Franklin County, Ohio
Blendon Central Cemetery, Westerville, OH
GPS: 40.096402, -82.903901
6330 S Hempstead Rd
Westerville, OH 43081
Published: February 9, 2020
Total records: 5,210
Blendon Central Cemetery is owned by the Township of Blendon.
Blendon Central Cemetery was officially created as a cemetery in 1832 after Squire Timothy Lee donated one acre of ground on the northeast corner of Dempsey and Hempstead Roads to the Township of Blendon, specifically for "church and burial" purposes with respect of Blendon Presbyterian Church. During the same year, Edward Phelps, Sr. donated a acre of land immediately across the road, on the northwest corner, for the same purposes. It was likely that burials began earlier than the actual recording dates of the deeds.
The name “Central Cemetery” was derived from the fact that the southwest corner of the cemetery lot is the geographical center of Blendon Township.
Today, Blendon Central Cemetery has over 13,000 burials, with more room to spare. However, the Township's cemetery database has only records of about 5,200.
Records below were acquired from the Township of Blendon on February 8, 2020. Dates of death range from 1845 to 2019.