Home > United States > Ohio > Erie County > Oakland Cemetery

Oakland Cemetery
Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio

oakland cemetery
Oakland Cemetery

GPS: 41.429520, -82.687774

2917 Milan Road
Sandusky South, OH 44870

Published: January 7, 2016
Total records: 15,778

Oakland Cemetery is owned and maintained by the City of Sandusky, OH.

History

Oakland Cemetery was established in 1850, and held its first burial on May 1, 1850.

The City purchased the land from Jane S. Williams, heir to the 500 acres of land previously owned by John Beatty, her brother. Beatty was a pioneer settler of Perkins Township. The cemetery originally measured 134 acres in size.

The residence and the Chapel were constructed in approximately 1885 and the Chapel was renovated and rededicated in 1975.

Oakland Cemetery is often called, "Sandusky Cemetery".

Cemetery Records

Records published here were acquired from the City of Sandusky on January 6, 2016. Dates of death range from 1817 to 2016.


Surname Index:

Ohio Obituaries and Death Notices

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites