Home > United States > Ohio > Clermont County > Mt. Moriah Cemetery

Mt. Moriah Cemetery
Union Township, Clermont County, Ohio

Mt. Moriah Cemetery

GPS: 39.068466, -84.292143

686 Mt. Moriah Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45245

Published: January 29, 2017
Total records: 18,438

Mt. Moriah Cemetery is owned and maintained by Union Township.

History

Mt. Moriah Cemetery was established in 1800 when the founder of Withamsville, Maurice P. Witham purchased land for his farm. The cemetery started out as a graveyard for his family and eventually grew to surround the Methodist Protestant Church of Tobasco. The church later became known as "Mt. Moriah United Methodist Church".

The "Old Section" of the cemetery is located behind the white chapel, built in 1842. In front of the chapel "The Black Line" ran on the original Ohio Pike. Presently Mt. Moriah Cemetery includes over fifty acres of rolling hills. The entrance to the cemetery is enhanced with an ornate iron fence, originally installed in 1880.

The official name of the cemetery is actually, "Clarence E. Combs Mt. Moriah Cemetery". Combs was an employee of the cemetery, serving as sexton for 50 years. His name was added to the cemetery's name in 1998. Combs died in 1999.

Cemetery Records

Records published here were acquired from Union Township on January 18, 2017. Dates of death range from 1810 to 2017.


Surname Index:

Ohio Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites