Potsdam, St. Lawrence County, New York
GPS: 44.656533, -74.990311
County Route 59
Potsdam, New York 13676
Published: June 3, 2016
Total records: 5,805
Bayside Cemetery is owned and operated by Bayside Cemetery Association.
Bayside Cemetery was established in 1865 by a group of Potsdam residents. Under the leadership of Thomas S. Clarkson Sr. and Bloomfield Usher, prominent citizens and leaders in the Trinity Church, the cemetery bought over 20 acres, known as "Deming's Heights," on the southwest side of the village. Clarkson gave it an additional 15 acreas. Later acquisitions have increased the property to over 80 acres, half of which is still in forest. The first interment was performed in 1867.
About 720 graves were moved from earlier cemeteries within the village on Willow St. and Pierrepont Avenue.
Records published here were acquired from Bayside Cemetery Association. It includes all known burials with dates of death up to June 14, 2015.
New York Death Records
- New York Newspapers, Full Search (1730-1998), 873 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- New York Obituary Search - (1986-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- New York Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com