Delhi, Delaware County, New York
GPS: 42.280310, -74.915430
2 Orchard Street
Delhi, NY 13753
Published: November 14, 2016
Total records: 4,627
Woodland Cemetery is owned and operated by Woodland Cemetery Association, Inc.
Woodland Cemetery traces its beginnings back to 1813, when General Leavenworth purchased a square rod of land from George Fisher, about a 1/4 miles away (at Court St and High St) from the present day site, for the purpose of burying his wife. Others were invited to use grounds for burials. The graveyard was deeded to the Village Trustees in 1830 (in part) by Erastus Root and the remainder in 1849 by G.H. Edgerton.
By 1849, the town of Delhi grew so rapidly, that it needed a more fitting cemetery. In June of that year, the town organized the Woodland Cemetery Association, and purchased the present day location at Whig Rd and Orchard St.
Records published here represent burials in the old section of the present-day cemetery. These records were acquired from the Woodland Cemetery Association. Dates of death range from 1811 to 1998.
New York Death Records
- New York Newspapers, Full Search (1730-1998), 873 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- New York Obituary Search - (1986-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- New York Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com