Princeton, Mercer County, New Jersey
|Grover Cleveland, Princeton Cemetery|
GPS: 40.354352, -74.660161
29 Greenview Avenue
Princeton, NJ 08542
Published: January 9, 2017
Total records: 5,486
Princeton Cemetery is owned and maintained by Nassau Presbyterian Church.
Princeton Cemetery was established in 1757 by the College of New Jersey (now Princeton University) as a one acre plot of land located on the corner of Witherspoon St. and Wiggins St. The plot was purchased from Judge Thomas Leonard.
In 1764, the Nassau Presbyterian Church was established from land and money donated by the College. The land included a separate cemetery. The College later reacquired the separate cemetery, and in return, offered Princeton Cemetery.
In 1801, Dr. Thomas Wiggins bequeathed to the Church his farm which was adjacent to the cemetery. The Church eventually sold the farm but retained three acres for the graveyard's expansion. Later gifts of over four acres from Paul Tulane and eight acres from Moses Taylor Pyne led to the present-day size of almost nineteen acres.
Records published here were acquired from Princeton Cemetery on January 9, 2017. The cemetery was currently undergoing a process of digitizing its records, and there may be more burials than the records here reflect. Dates of death in these records published here range from 1757 to 2016.
New Jersey Obituaries and Death Notices
- New Jersey Obituary Records, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Find New Jersey Death Records in Newspapers, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- New Jersey Newspaper Funeral Notices, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com