Home > United States > Missouri > St. Louis County > St. Peter's Cemetery

St. Peter's Cemetery - Burial Records
Normandy, St. Louis County, Missouri

st. peters cemetery
St. Peter's Cemetery

GPS: 38.688403, -90.294294

2101 Lucas and Hunt Rd.
Normandy, MO 63121

Date published: December 18, 2017
Total records: 95,380

St. Peter's Cemetery is a perpetual charter cemetery owned and operated by St. Peter's United Church of Christ of Ferguson, MO.

History

The present-day St. Peter's Cemetery was established in 1855 when the church purchased 34 acres of land on Lucas and Hunt Road from John F. Darby. The first burial at the new location was made in October of that year. 

The church had actually had an earlier cemetery that went back to 1846, located on Lemp Avenue in St. Louis. This cemetery quickly outgrew its capacity, necessitating a larger cemetery.

By 1867, the cemetery was again in need of additional land. Nine acres were purchased from John Stevens. In 1897, another 48 acres were purchased from the estate of Jesse Lindell. The final purchases were made in 1911, when an additional 18 acres were purchased from Joseph Gummersbach and 10 acres were purchased from Henry Raterman. These land purchases enlarged the cemetery to its current 119-acre size at the Lucas and Hunt site.

In 1988, St. Peter's Cemetery assumed responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the 28-acre Bethany Cemetery. Located on St. Charles Rock Road, just south from the main site, this area is now known as the Bethany Section. 

Cemetery Records

Records below were acquired from St. Peter's Cemetery on December 17, 2017. They include burials up through December 17, 2017. There are perhaps 200-300 more burials with no known burial dates that could not be obtained by us.

Surname Index:

Missouri Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites