St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery - Burial Records
St. Charles, St. Charles County, Missouri
GPS: 38.804334, -90.490854
W Randolph St
St. Charles, MO 63301
Date published: December 23, 2017
Total records: 2,497
St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery was established in 1852.
Burial place of Louis Blanchette "Chasseur", founder of St. Charles in 1769. He built the first St. Charles Borromeo log church in 1776 on Main and Jackson Streets. He and his Pawnee Indian wife were buried late in 1793 in another burial ground. Tradition states they were moved in 1831 to the 1st Borromeo Churchyard. In 1854, they were moved to this location along with other pioneers of St. Charles. A plaque marking his burial was placed in 1936 by the St. Charles Borromeo parish.
Also buried at St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery is Jean Baptiste - Point DuSable  to 1818 - Haitian black fur trader, first permanent Chicago settler and trader.
Records below were acquired from the Archdiocese of St. Louis on on December 23, 2017.
Missouri Death Records
- Missouri Newspapers, Full Search (1808-1949), 140 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Missouri Obituary Search, (1988-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Missouri Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com