Home > United States > Missouri > St. Charles County > St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery

St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery - Burial Records
St. Charles, St. Charles County, Missouri

st. charles borromeo
St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery

GPS: 38.804334, -90.490854

W Randolph St
St. Charles, MO 63301

Date published: December 23, 2017
Total records: 2,497

St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery is owned by the Archdiocese of St. Louis.

History

St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery was established in 1852.

Burial place of Louis Blanchette "Chasseur", founder of St. Charles in 1769. He built the first St. Charles Borromeo log church in 1776 on Main and Jackson Streets. He and his Pawnee Indian wife were buried late in 1793 in another burial ground. Tradition states they were moved in 1831 to the 1st Borromeo Churchyard. In 1854, they were moved to this location along with other pioneers of St. Charles. A plaque marking his burial was placed in 1936 by the St. Charles Borromeo parish.

Also buried at St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery is Jean Baptiste - Point DuSable [1745] to 1818 - Haitian black fur trader, first permanent Chicago settler and trader.

Cemetery Records

Records below were acquired from the Archdiocese of St. Louis on on December 23, 2017.

Surname Index:

Missouri Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites