Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
5800 E. Davison, Detroit MI 48212-1350
Lat: 42° 25' 05"N, Lon: 83° 02' 38"W
This cemetery is owned and maintained by Sweetest Heart of Saint Mary Church. It was established as Greenwood Cemetery in the late 1800s under the leadership of Father Kolasinski on 12.5 acres of land. It has grown many times since then. Records were lost to fire in 1989, and great effort is being done by many to retrieve the names of the over 10,800 burials believed to be in this cemetery.
This is not a complete listing of all of the burials in this cemetery. The records below were provided by contributors to Interment.net. last edited May 22, 2009. Total records = 4.
- [AG] Anne Gardner [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Einkorn, Carl, b. Apr 30, 1910, d. Feb 28, 1988, "Dear Husband & Father", [AG]
Einkorn, Lottie, b. Jul 26, 1916, d. Mar 13, 1972, "Dear Wife & Mother", [AG]
Jaworski, Caroline, b. Jul 14, 1890, d. Jul 08, 1924, "Dear Mother", [AG]
Jaworski, Michael, b. Sep 11, 1886, d. Aug 09, 1929, "Dear Father" , [AG]
Michigan Death Records
- Michigan Newspapers, Full Search (1817-1995), 212 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Michigan Obituary Search, (1995-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Michigan Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com