Plymouth, Wayne County, Michigan
201 South Main
Lat: 42°22'23"N, Lon: 83°27'10"W
Submitted by Garry Packard, Aug 13, 2003 [email@example.com]. Total records = 9,806.
Riverside Cemetery is located on Plymouth Rd, one-half mile east of Lilly Road in back of the 35th District Court House. The entrance is on Plymouth Road next to the court.
Riverside Cemetery is owned and maintained by the city of Plymouth. It was first established on Feb 03, 1880, on property purchased by the village of Plymouth from Franklin and Ellen Shattuck in 1877. Additional property was added in 1921.
Transcriptions of the grave stones were originally copied by Arthur Booth, Virginia Everham, Elizabeth Erwin, Elizabeth Harlan, and Minnie Millbrook for the Detroit Society for Genealogical Research in 1962. This document can be found in the Burton Historical Library (74W4 718 E93).
Additional transcriptions were supplied by:
a. Linda Ball of the American Local History Network
b. Plymouth Historical Museum - Plymouth, Michigan
c. Family Members
Burial Records supplied by:
a. The Municipal Services of City of Plymouth, MI
b. Schrader Funeral Home of Plymouth, Mi.
c. Records from the archives of the Plymouth Historical Museum
1. CPDB - Information supplied by the City of Plymouth
2. T-99 - Transcription from Arthur Booth's group and page number where name can be found on the original document
3. ALHN - Transcription supplied by Linda Ball's group
4. READ - Families transcriptions of grave stones
Additional information may be found at Plymouth Historical Museum, 155 South Main Street, Plymouth, Mi 48170, (734) 455-8940
Surname is the family name used by the deceased at the time of death.
Maiden names are in parentheses. Date format: mmddyyyy
I have transcribed these records from the above information. They are complete up to Aug 12, 2003.- Garry Packard
Michigan Obituaries and Death Notices
- Michigan Obituary Records, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Find Michigan Death Records in Newspapers, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Michigan Newspaper Funeral Notices, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com