Winchester, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
GPS: 42.453127, -71.146629
34 Palmer St
Winchester, MA 01890
Published: July 8, 2016
Total records: 13,919
Wildwood Cemetery is owned and operated by City of Winchester.
Wildwood Cemetery was founded in 1851 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. Wildwood was established using part of the $3000.00 gift from Colonel William P. Winchester that was donated on condition that the town be named after him. It was one of the first public spaces laid out after Winchester was incorporated. It is laid out in the rural cemetery fashion popular in the mid-19th century, with winding lanes a country landscaping. The designer was Amasa Farrier of neighboring Stoneham, who used as his inspiration the published works of Andrew Jackson Downing and John Claudius Loudon. Land was purchased in 1851, and was ready for use the following year. Older graves from the small cemetery at the First Congregational Church were transferred here in 1853. As a result, the oldest dated burials are in 1805.
The records published here were acquired from City of Winchester on July 8, 2016. Records contains location of burial, but only a handful contain date of death and/or age.
Massachusetts Death Records
- Massachusetts Newspapers, Full Search (1690-1992), 622 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- Massachusetts Obituary Search, (1988-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Massachusetts Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com