Home > United States > Indiana > Harrison County > Old Conrad Cemetery

Old Conrad Cemetery
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana

GPS: 38.207372, -86.096487

435 Dillman Spring Way NE
Corydon, IN 47112

Published: August 25, 2016
Total records: 70

History

Old Conrad Cemetery is located behind private property at 435 Dillman Spring Way NE.

It's often known as "Shuck Cemetery".

Jacob Conrad, who immigrated to Corydon from Pennsylvania, built a hotel in 1807 about a mile and a half east of Corydon on the Corydon-New Albany Pike. During the time that Corydon was the capital of Indiana (1813-1825), Jacob Conrad's hotel was the principal one and also the most popular. The Conrad Cemetery is located a short distance east of the spot where the Old Capital Hotel once stood.

Cemetery Records

The document linked below is a transcription of tombstones taken in October 29, 1939. This is considered to be the most complete transcription of Old Conrad Cemetery, since many of the stones today have withered away, and/or have been removed.


Indiana Death Records

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites