Search Connecticut Death Records
- Connecticut Newspapers, Full Search (1755-2002), 214 titles
- Connecticut Obituary Search, (1988-current)
- Connecticut Funeral Notices
Glastonbury, Hartford County, Connecticut
Green Cemetery, Glastonbury, CT
GPS: 41.702287, -72.604186
99 Hubbard St.
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Published: January 24, 2020
Total records: 3,822
Green Cemetery is owned by The Green Cemetery Association, Inc., a non-sectarian cemetery.
Before the Town of Glastonbury was founded in 1693, the town founders were required by the Colony of Connecticut to provide a church and a minister. The location of the first church was the corner of Main Street and Hubbard Street. The land around this area was set aside to form a Town Green for the use of the residents. Main Street, at this time, was an Indian trail which was being used as a rutted wagon road and Hubbard Street was created to provide access to the Town Green. It normally followed that the land adjacent to the church was designated as a burying ground. This burying ground is now known as the Green Cemetery.
Until October 1897, the burying ground was maintained by the Town of Glastonbury when a corporation of local investors was formed to maintain The Green Cemetery and to collect fees for the perpetual care of lots which would be sold for future burials. The Green Cemetery Association was incorporated on October 29, 1897.
Records below were acquired from The Green Cemetery Association, Inc. on January 24, 2020. Dates of death range from 1822 to 2020.
- Green Cemetery, Plot Map, (12.6 MB)