Santa Ana Cemetery
Santa Ana, Orange County, California
|Santa Ana Cemetery|
GPS: 33.769964, -117.839315
1919 E Santa Clara Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Published: May 14, 2016
Total records: 21,535
Santa Ana Cemetery is owned and operated by the Orange County Cemetery District, and is located adjacent to Fairhaven Memorial Park.
Santa Ana Cemetery was founded at Eighth and Ross Streets in 1870 by Jacob Ross, an early Santa Ana patriarch. Originally, it was known as the Masonic Cemetery wherein two of the Ross family�s babies were buried. In 1898, city leaders wanted to move the cemetery further away, since it was currently located within downtown, and they didn't want a cemetery in the middle of it all. They exhumed all the bodies and moved them to the present day location, which was a 100 acre parcel that became known as "Cemetery District".
Fairhaven Memorial Park eventually bought 2/3rds of the 100 acres. Other acres were bought by the Masons and Odd Fellows, as well as St. John's Lutheran Church in Orange, and Old Evangelical Lutheran Church, for their own burials.
In 1926, Santa Ana Cemetery was operated under its own cemetery district. In 1985, it was then consolidated under the present Orange County Cemetery District.
Today, Santa Ana Cemtery sits at 29 acres in size, and is about 85% full.
Burial records presented here come from the records database of the Orange County Cemetery District, and are current up to May 2016
California Death Records
- California Newspapers, Full Search (1846-2007), 459 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- California Obituary Search, (1983-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- California Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com