Anaheim, Orange County, California
GPS: 33.843353, -117.899971
1400 East Sycamore Street
Anaheim, CA 92805
Published: May 14, 2016
Total records: 11,650
Anaheim Cemetery is owned and operated by the Orange County Cemetery District.
Anaheim Cemetery is the County's oldest public cemetery, founded in 1866 by German settlers. It was originally named, "Gotte's Acker" (God's Acre). At the time, there were only Catholic cemeteries, Mission San Juan Capistrano and the Yorba Cemetery in Yorba Linda. German settlers wanted to be buried in their own cemetery in Anaheim.
A year later, in 1867, settlers recorgnized the need for on-going maintenance of the cemetery, and formed the Anaheim Cemetery District, governed by seven board members. The Board purchased additional land from Philip Sichel for $100.00. In 1893 they purchased more land from Capt. Erwin Barr, and again in 1914 from George W. Terry.
In 1985, Anaheim Cemetery was incorporated into the present Orange County Cemetery District.
Today, Anaheim Cemetery sits at 15 acres in size, and is near capacity, offering only cremation niches.
Burial records presented here come from the records database of the Orange County Cemetery District, and are current up to May 2016
California Obituaries and Death Notices
- California Obituary Records, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- Find California Death Records in Newspapers, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com
- California Newspaper Funeral Notices, 1690-Today - GenealogyBank.com