Alhambra Pioneer Cemetery - Burial Records
Martinez, Contra Costa County, California
GPS: 38.018361, -122.145340
732 Carquinez Scenic Dr.
Martinez, CA 94553
Date published: November 8, 2017
Total records: 5,500+
Alhambra Pioneer Cemetery was established in 1850, originally named, "Martinez Cemetery". The City of Martinez took over operation of Alhambra Cemetery (5 acres) in the mid 1970’s and Potter’s Field (3 acres) from Contra Costa County in 1992.
There are an estimated 5,500 people (and a few animals) buried in Alhambra Cemetery, numerous undocumented and many without headstones. The City inherited incomplete burial records from the Alhambra Cemetery Association (1869-1969). It is also alleged that the County purged many of Potter’s Field records in the 1920’s. An exact number of burials may never be known.
Documents below were acquired from the City of Martinez on November 8, 2017...
- Alhambra Pioneer Cemetery Decedent List
- Potter’s Field at Alhambra Pioneer Cemetery Decedent List
- American Civil War Veteran’s Buried at Alhambra Pioneer Cemetery
California Death Records
- California Newspapers, Full Search (1846-2007), 459 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- California Obituary Search, (1983-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- California Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com