Ione Public Cemetery - Burial Records
Ione, Amador County, California
GPS: 38.347541, -120.932361
500 S Church St
Ione, CA 95640
Date published: December 9, 2017
Total records: 2,920
Ione Public Cemetery was established in 1850, whereas the establishment of Ione City did not come about until 1853. At that time the entire area was part of Calaveras County. It wasn’t until June 14, 1854 that the Ione Public Cemetery became part of the newly formed Amador County.
The cemetery had previously been known as Ione Protestant Cemetery, Ione Community Cemetery, and Ione Community-Protestant Cemetery.
In 1943 the Amador County Board of Supervisors established Township #2 Public Cemetery District, which formed a tax base for public cemetery operation in the western end of the county.
The Public Cemetery is divided into two main sections. The older portion contains family plots outlined with concrete curbs and marked with various sizes and styles of upright memorials. The newer section is a grassy lawn area with flat, brass or granite markers. The Cemetery also hosts a Mausoleum for above ground interments, a Columbarium for above ground niches for cremains, and the newest addition: The Natural (or Green) Burial section.
Documents below are available for downloading...
- Ione Public Cemetery Records, 2,920 records, Township #2 Public Cemetery District, October 25, 2016
- Ione Public Cemetery Map, Township #2 Public Cemetery District
- Ione Public Cemetery Tour, Township #2 Public Cemetery District
- Township #2 Public Cemetery District, Municipal Service Review, LAFCO, 2014
California Death Records
- California Newspapers, Full Search (1846-2007), 459 titles - GenealogyBank.com
- California Obituary Search, (1983-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- California Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com