Home > United States > Alabama > Lauderdale > Wesley Chapel Cemetery
Wesley Chapel Cemetery Lauderdale County, Alabama
Click photo to enlarge
Wesley Chapel Cemetery Lauderdale County, Alabama
Click photo to enlarge
Wesley Chapel Cemetery Lauderdale County, Alabama
Click photo to enlarge

Wesley Chapel Cemetery
Lauderdale County, Alabama

Lat: 34° 54' 35"N, Lon: 87° 47' 20"W

Contributed by David L Montgomery, Dec 17, 2003, last edited Feb 23, 2008 [dmont1734@comcast.net]. Total records = 1,537.

To reach the cemetery from Florence, Alabama, from Cox Creek Parkway, travel north on Alabama Hwy. 157 for 5.8 miles. Turn left (west) onto County Rd. 6 and go about 2.8 miles. Turn right onto County Rd. 15 and go about 350 yds. to the church and cemetery on the left side of the road. It is behind and north of the Church.

This cemetery is owned and maintained by Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church. According to a historic marker, the church was organized in 1818. The first burial was in 1819. It is neat, very well cared for and still in use.

Mr. Henry Kilpatrick donated the original land for the cemetery in 1818. Mr. & Mrs. Hiram Rhodes donated more land in 1841. Mr. & Mrs. John Wesson gave land in 1911, and in 1914, Mr. L.D. Simmons gave land also. There is ample room for burials for several years.

All dates and names were recorded from head stones and/or foot stones and has been checked for accuracy. This survey was completed on Dec 17, 2003.

- David L Montgomery

Records Index

Alabama Genealogy Links

cemetery records

A free online library of cemetery records from thousands of cemeteries across the world, for historical and genealogy research.

Clear Digital Media, Inc.

follow us

Visit Our Sister Websites