Search Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50-State Full Search (1690-current)
- U.S. Obituaries, (1976-current)
- Newspaper Funeral Notices
Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Ballengeich Cemetery, Stirling, Scotland
GPS: 56.124740, -3.946484
Stirling FK8 1EJ
Published: April 30, 2020
Total records: 11,481
Burials in Ballengeich Cemetery are administered by Stirling Council, Scotland.
On the 23rd of December, 1886, Stirling Town Council agreed to pay the Crown Estate (Commissions of Woods & Forests) £310 for the purchase of just over three acres of land comprising part of Gowan Hill next to Ballengeich Pass to provide a fifth cemetery extension for the Town and Church of Holy Rude.
The cemetery construction was a significant undertaking with rock being quarried and topsoil from gardens in Dumbarton Road being transported uphill to re-profile the cemetery. In addition to stone sold the Council gifted 1,380 carts of stone to local "beneficial trusts" such as the Cowane's Hospital Trust for local road building. The council commissioned new stone walls and iron railings as well as 30 tonnes of red blaze from Oakley Bing for paths.
The first interment was of a labourer's wife from the Raploch and was on the 11 June 1888.
The Cemetery has 58 Commonwealth War Graves many from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders who had their base in the Castle.
To the east of the cemetery by the wall closest to the town (Section 05) there is an area of unmarked graves.
Stirling Council Records
Records below were acquired from Stirling Council on April 29, 2020. These records were compiled by the Council on April 8, 2020. They include dates of burial from 1888 to 2020.