Grangegorman Military Cemetery
County Dublin, Ireland
GPS: 53.360473, -6.305749
Blackhorse Ave and Navan Rd
Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
Total records: 888
Situated on Blackhorse Ave, off Navan Rd, facing the wall of the Phoenix Park, and just up the road from McKee Barracks.
This cemetery opened in 1876. In it are buried men who served in the British Forces and their wives and families. After 1923 only servicemen and their next of kin could be buried there.
Grangegorman Military Cemetery contains war graves from both world wars. Some of the graves were re-located to this site at a later date (nine from King George V Hospital grounds, two from Trinity College grounds, three from Portobello (Barracks) Cemetery, two from Drogheda (Little Calvary) Cemetery and one from Oranmore Old Graveyard).
This is not a complete listing of all of the burials in this cemetery. The records below were provided by contributors to Interment.net.
- [AR] Anna Ryan [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- [MD] Margaret Doyle [email@example.com]
- [SC] Sandra Cardwell [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Cemetery Records Index
Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50-State Full Search (1690-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- U.S. Obituaries, (1976-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Newspaper Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com